How To Track down the location of an email sender in GmailThere are 1.9 Billion daily email user & they send 294 billion emails every day. Most of the emails are plain spam (ads,offers etc) and some of them have been sent to steal your personal data.
When you receive an email you just don't only receive a message but also has some important information which can tell where the email was sent from and possibly who sent it. You might idenetify if you know from where you are getting these emails.
Let's see how can you track the email sender in Gmail.
Finding the IP Address of an Email sender1. Log in to Gmail.
2. Open the email and Click on the inverted triangle beside Reply. Select Show Original.
3. It will open email header in new tab which will have code followed by the email body message.
Received: from luv.luverspoint.com (static.reverse.softlayer.com. [188.8.131.52])
In the above example,
- luv.luverspoint.com is the server from where email was sent
- static.reverse.softlayer.com. is the Hostname
- 184.108.40.206 is the IP Address from where the email was sent.
Finding the location of an Email Sender
Enter the IP address and hit submit button, it will show you the IP Address location.
Related: Google's elgoog Trick